Local and Nearby Attractions!
The information below was written by the Chamber of Commerce at Freer, Texas.
We care our visitors, we also know that you might be in the city for the first time, hence here are few important links and short descriptions that will help you out when in Freer city, as we know its always good to be less starger.
- Avalon State Park in Mico, TX : Avalon State Park is located approximately 117 miles from Freer. The cooler weather provides a great time to get back to nature and enjoy the outdoor activities that Avalon State Park has to offer. Beachcombers will enjoy walking along our one-mile of undisturbed shoreline. Take a leisurely stroll along the beautiful Atlantic Ocean while collecting a variety of seashells and sea beans that wash up on our beaches in the winter months.
- Bentsen Rio Grande Valley State Park : As part of the World Birding Center, Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park is a world-class destination for bird-watching. The Rio Grande Valley hosts one of the most spectacular convergences of birds on earth with more than 525 species documented in this unique place. Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park alone has an impressive list of 358 species recorded within the park’s boundaries.
- Buckhorn Saloon & Museum : Located right in the heart of downtown San Antonio, we are two blocks from the Alamo and one block from the Riverwalk. For over 131 years, The Buckhorn Saloon has been known as a gathering place for good conversation, great food and spectacular wildlife exhibits. Today, the saloon houses a Café, Gift Shop, Shooting Gallery and our two museums, the Buckhorn Museum and the Texas Ranger Museum.
- Copano Bay Causeway State Park : Copano Bay State Fishing Pier, a concession-operated state park, is a 5.9-acre park located five miles north of Rockport in Aransas County. The fishing pier, acquired by transfer of jurisdiction from the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation in 1967, was opened the same year. The old causeway was cut to aid boat traffic, so the pier now has 2500 feet on the north side and 6190 feet on the south side.
- Falcon State Park : The park features , swimming, fishing, water skiing and boating. There is a three-mile, self-guided nature trail. In addition to for tents and RVs, the park also has screened shelters with and without air-conditioning, and an air-conditionedgroup recreation hall with a kitchen.
- Government : Our city boasts a widely diversified business base, including aerospace, telecommunications, manufacturing, construction, high technology, healthcare, education, transportation and energy. Freer, one of “America’s Most Livable Communities,” is known as the Mecca for arts in Texas.